Christensen Arms is looking for a career minded CNC Programmer, that has a good work ethic and the skills needed to help our team. This position will be a standard day shift position Monday-Friday. Applicants will need to use files from SolidWorks to create programs for parts and fixtures using the latest version of MasterCam for Multi-axis Horizontal and Vertical CNC Mills, and CNC Lathes. Applicant must also have a working knowledge of machining a variety of materials including aluminum, titanium, and stainless steel. Applicants must have a good knowledge of current tooling available for machining each type of material, and know the types of coatings that are available to improve tool life and efficiency. Applicants will be expected to prove their knowledge by passing a written test on G/M codes, Blueprint Reading as well as a practical test programming a current part that is being made in the shop. Both tests will be timed to show us how well the applicant can perform under time constraints.
Schedule: Monday-Friday 7:30AM – 4:30PM (occasional extra hours as needed, including weekends)
- Creating process’s for parts including, Run Instructions, Setup Sheets, Tool Lists and Inspections plans for parts being programmed.
- Improve existing process’s in the shop
- Review 3D CAD design blueprints.
- Create Multi-axis toolpath for CNC Mills and Lathes using current MasterCam program.
- Communicate well with Engineering and other Programmers.
- Check completed programs by running simulations or tests.
- Choose cutting tools that will be needed, and calculate proper Feeds and Speeds.
- Analyze operation sequence, to optimize machine time and setup.
- Understanding of Multi Axis machining on Horizontal and Vertical Mills using a Rotary Axis.
- Use a standard Tool List when possible to eliminate unnecessary tool changes in the machine.
- Personally proof out the programs being made to ensure the program works properly, and the parts are being made to print.
- Perform a First Article Inspections (FAI) before handing parts off to an operator.
- Comply with all safety rules and regulations.
- Good math skills, including trigonometry.
- Must be mechanically inclined.
- Knowledge of metal work in a shop.
- Must be highly detail oriented.
- Must be able to work effectively with little or no supervision.
- Must have the ability to write and read complex spreadsheets.
- Knowledge of safety measures pertinent to each job assignment.
- Strong machining background required.
- Must have superior computer operating skills.
- Must have excellent reading comprehension skills.
- Good active listening skills.
- Must have good problem-solving skills.
- Must have excellent time management skills.
- Must have good organizational and planning skills.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Skilled using current CAD/CAM software-MasterCam.
- Ability to perform well under stressful situations.
- Able to create Multi-Axis tool paths for making parts using MasterCam.
- Must be able to work alone with little or no supervision.
- Must be a team oriented person that is capable of working well with others
- Must have a good work ethic
- Must be a self-motivated individual
- 5-10 years experience using MasterCam for Programming
- 5-10 years in Machining
- Resume Required
- Completed online application
- 3 past work references preferred to verify work history or experience.