|Title:||Swing Shift Production Manager|
Anticipated Schedule: Monday – Friday 3:00pm – 1:00am *Subject to adjustment depending on day shift schedules
Rate: Salary depending on experience
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate the production schedule on the shop-floor with all work departments.
- Analyze and plan work force utilization, material flow, and work flow.
- Responsible for safety, quality and productivity of the swing shift.
- Conduct department managerial training focusing on personnel policy, coaching and leadership skills, and continuous improvement techniques.
- Responsible for identifying ways to maximize material yield for each department.
- Assist in achieving production performance objectives relating to manufacturing costs.
- Work closely with the Director of Operations and Day Shift Production Leads to identify projects and teams that support company objectives.
- Assist through participation in the hiring and interview process.
- Serve as a mentor to shift leads.
- Evaluate personnel performance.
- Facilitate cross-training of technicians to provide multiple trained technicians per part and area.
- Understand and promote adherence to all policies and procedures.
- Understand and promote adherence to all environmental health and safety guidelines including all safety policies and posted signs.
- Attend and participate in production management meetings as necessary
- Represent resource needs of shift personnel (Tools, space, hiring, etc.) to Supervisor.
The Swing Shift Production Manager will lead department leads who supervise a total of 40-50 employees and is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the swing shift.
Essential Applicant Requirements
- Four years related experience and/or training
- Working knowledge of manufacturing facility.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Ability to follow procedures and directions with minimal instruction.
- Possesses excellent human relations and team building skills.
- Enthusiasm and ability to motivate and develop others.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Must be able to use all inspection equipment and follow part blueprints
- Must have current tooling technology experience on various materials
- Must be able to lift, hold and carry up to 40 pounds unaided.
- Must be willing to work overtime when required (extended shifts, weekends, etc.).
How to apply
Interested applicants should complete an application online at www.christensenarms.com – see the Careers page for job posting. Please include/attach the following -
- Complete online application
- Cover letter
- Statement of plan to ensure adherence to quality and training requirements.