The Automation Engineer will design and develop automation equipment.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Collaborates with developers, fellow engineers, project managers, clients, and other stakeholders to understand the requirements and scope of the robotics project.
- Drafts blueprints, sketches, or other documentation demonstrating proposed ideas and prototypes, modifying based on feedback and simulation results.
- Designs and develops robotic prototypes.
- Constructs, configures, tests, and debugs robots and robotic systems.
- Installs, operates, calibrates, and maintains robots.
- Ensures that robotic machines operate safely, dependably, and with precision; identifies and implements modifications.
- Provides technical support and troubleshooting services for robotic systems.
- Recommends, develops, and implements enhancements and improvements to increase production volume or precision in high-throughput operations.
- Maintains documentation of development process, modifications, maintenance requirements, and other data.
- Assists with cost estimates and project calculations.
- Maintains knowledge of existing and developing technology and trends in robotics.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent mathematical ability.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to use tools and perform tasks such as soldering, welding, and metal cutting with precision and accuracy.
- Thorough understanding of electrical wiring and computer software engineering.
- Extremely proficient with computer-aided drafting (CAD) software to create accurate drawings and schematics.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software to create reports and documentation.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required; Master’s degree preferred.
- At least three years of related experience required.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.