|Title:||Gun Drill Machine Operator|
Gun Drill Machine Operator
Position Summary: Machine Operators are responsible for the Machining of Stainless-Steel products. The Technician needs to be able to work with both manual methods and use of hand tools and equipment to produce products according to defined planning and work instructions. This position requires attention to detail and a need to be precise and diligent in understanding and following work instructions.
Work Schedule: Anticipated shift: Monday - Friday 7:00AM - 3:30PM
Required Experience: 1-5 years required
- Set-up drill machines with proper tooling.
- He or she will be able to drill holes up to 32” in depth using existing PLC programs on Dehoff, and Unisig Gun Drilling Machines.
- Edit existing CNC programs on Molart Gun drilling machines.
- Operate air gauging equipment and maintain .0002” inside dimensions of rifle barrel bores.
- Expect gun barrels or similar parts.
- Assist other machine operators in maintaining raw stock with fork-truck and carts.
- Participate in acquiring tooling price quotes from vendors.
- Maintain proper tooling inventory.
- Maintain the order and cleanliness of production work areas.
- Participate in and contribute to process improvement and lean manufacturing initiatives.
Knowledge, Skills & Requirements:
- Understand the gun barrel button rifling process. (*Previous Experience Required to Apply)
- Understand gun barrel rifling twist rates and using shop tools change machine to accommodate proper twist rate during rifling operation. (*Previous Experience Required to Apply)
- Understand deep hole reaming.
- Understand drill tip geometry and ability to maintain drills with in-house sharpening system.
- Requires a mechanical aptitude in the use of hand tools, machine shop tools and good math skills.
- The ability to follow procedures and directions with minimal instruction.
- Ability to communicate with tooling vendors and work as a team member.
- Understand and adhere to all environmental health and safety guidelines.
- Must be able to lift, hold and carry up to 40 pounds unaided. Position requires routinely moving over 1K lbs per day of gun barrels to proper process (barrels weigh 10lbs max each).
- Must be willing to work overtime when required.
- You MUST have prior experience in gun drilling and rifling process to apply
- Completed online application (including work history and reference information)
- Resume recommended